Why cataract eye surgery?
Cataracts can occur in combination with other eye problems, such short- and long-sightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia, which is the effect of the ageing process on your vision, often resulting in the need for bifocal or multifocal glasses. Cataract removal is a straightforward procedure for an experienced surgeon, and shouldn’t be feared. In fact, it is likely that someone in your family or friendship group has already had their cataracts removed.
Cataract surgery benefits
Dr Mark Medownick has an expert understanding of cataracts, and was one of the first in Australia to perform cataract surgery using the technique of clear corneal, sutureless cataract surgery. We refer to this procedure as Low Stress Cataract™ Surgery.
Since those pioneering days, Medownick Laser Eye Clinic has performed thousands of cataract surgeries, providing our patients with the freedom to see clearly once more. Here are some of the benefits of cataract removal:
- Clearer, more functional vision, with no cloudiness.
- Less sensitivity to glare or strong light.
- Reading becomes easier, and you no longer require a bright source of light to read.
- Improved night vision, which is particularly important when driving at night.
- A heightened sense of colour – cataracts can cause colours to appear faded or yellow, with a drop in the colour blue which affects how you judge other colours.
- More independence and confidence in your day-to-day activities, including sport, work and hobbies.
Why cataract surgery at Medownick?
We often compare your eye vision with cataracts to a window that is fogged with steam. When the lens becomes cloudy, the light rays cannot easily pass through it, which means the image becomes blurred, and your functional vision is reduced. The amount and pattern of cloudiness within the lens of your eye can vary. If the cloudiness is not near the centre of the lens, you may not even be aware that a cataract is developing.
At Medownick Laser Eye Clinic, we can give your eyes a thorough health check to detect the early signs of cataracts, as well as other issues with your eyes. It is important that we detect all problems, as if there are underlying issues with the health of your eyes, perfect vision may not return after cataract removal. Our approach is to be transparent and realistic with you, advising you on how much visual improvement you can expect as a result of cataract removal.
Laser eye surgery is an investment in you. It’s why we offer interest-free payment plans over six, 12 or 18 months to suitable candidates.