Am I a good candidate for Laser Eye Surgery?
You should wear glasses or contact lenses, be aged 18 or over and have healthy eyes. A free assessment will
determine if you will be suitable for Laser Eye Surgery.
Some people should definitely not have Excimer Laser Eye Surgery. These include:
- People who are very happy wearing glasses or contact lenses. They have no need for the procedure.
- People under 18 years old. Their nearsightedness is probably still increasing.
- People whose refraction is significantly changing. Refractions often continue to change through the teenage years into the early twenties. At least two years should pass without a significant change. (A significant change is one-half diopter or more.)
- People who insist upon a perfect correction. A perfect correction is possible but cannot be guaranteed.
- Women who are pregnant or who are breast-feeding. Hormonal changes will often cause temporary changes in your nearsightedness.
So, should you consider Laser Eye Surgery? First of all, only if you are not in any of the above categories. Second, you must have Nearsightedness (Myopia), Farsightedness (Hypermetropia), Astigmatism (Blurred Vision) or their combination. You may have Presbyopia as well. Presbyopia can be corrected through a Laser technique known as Monovision or by a Multi-Focal procedure called ReFocus Vision Correction. Third and last, you must want to be free of your glasses or contact lenses enough that you are willing to invest the time, energy and money to understand and undergo the Laser Eye Surgery procedure.
The results of Laser Eye Surgery are very impressive and many of our patients are enjoying better than 20/20 vision, but it is impossible to tell you exactly what your results will be. No guarantees can be made about the outcome of Laser Eye Surgery in any individual case, because each person responds in a slightly different way. If you will only be satisfied with “perfect” vision without glasses after laser treatment, then please do not have the eye surgery. Avoid any doctor or clinic that promises you a specific result, because that simply is not possible.
Your suitability for Laser Eye Surgery, and the best technique for your individual case, can best be determined through a personal consultation. We provide an extensive Free No Obligation Consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for laser eye surgery, and to discuss the pros and cons of each technique in terms of your individual situation. Want to know more? Call Medownick Laser Clinic now on 1800 DR EYES (1800 37 3937) or book your Free no Obligation Laser Eye Surgery Assessment online today. You have got nothing to lose but your glasses or contact lenses.